This beautiful trail stretches over 300 miles from the Minnesota/Wisconsin border in the south almost to the Canadian border in the north. The trail winds its way between views of Lake Superior and views of the back country.
Much of the time we crunch our way on fallen leaves through forest trails. The trail in the photograph at the top of this post took us through an extensive maple forest. I enjoy this quiet experience: the dry leaves underfoot, moss on rocks, fungi on tree stumps.
Gentle climbs are rewarded by great views, including this back-country view.
|Dining room, Naniboujou Lodge|
- Brewer Park Loop (above Duluth)
- Cascade River (in and out)
- Judge Magney State Park, east side of Brule River and beyond (in and out)
- Judge Magney State Park, west side of Brule River and beyond (in and out)
- Oberg Mountain loop
- Oberg Mountain to Temperance River to Tofte (one-way)
- Schroeder County Road 1 to Temperance River to Tofte (one-way)